Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Starting Over Doesn't Mean You Have To Throw Away Your Bucket List


It is no secret I am single again and starting over. My whole life turned upside down and plans changed. I can't say I am to down about it because I am not. Or at least it hasn't hit me yet. I am told it is the denial stage. I don't know, I'll have to see how things play out. 


In the meantime, I have got rid of my 30-gallon bag full of good clean clothes of his. I donated them to a drop box for clothes and shoes. I also gave away a bunch of frozen meats to my eldest son I will not eat. Nor will my teenagers. Plus, a bunch of other food and juices to one of my sisters. I had too much and knew there was no way I could consume it all. I had to give it away before it spoiled. 


I have bagged up two more bags of clothes to donate of his. I need to bag up the clothes in the dresser, bedroom closet, hanging in the living room closet, and laundry room. Plus, I need to sort through the shed in the backyard. I am going to sell what I can. I plan to do it cheaply to get rid of it all. As I don't want any reminders fo him being here. 


I still plan do things on my bucket list that we were supposed to do together. This time I will do it alone. As I am sick and tired of being promised things that never happen. Instead, I am going to do some traveling and possible soul searching on my own. 


My Bucket List

1. Visit Niagra Falls - I have never seen a real waterfall.
2. Go on a Haunted House road trip.
3. Go to several concerts.
4. Visit Italy some day.
5. Go to Colorado, I have planned to go there roughly 20 years ago. I haven't made it thus far. 


My bucket list is longer. Yet, these are my top five things I want to accomplish before I die. 

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what is something you have listed on your bucket list?

9 comments :

  1. If you are in a state of denial or not, I think this (at least semi) positive outlook will do you well in the long run. Making a "clean sweep" of it, and making plans to continue life for YOU is good.

    I don't have a bucket list. For myself I find it silly to make one. I'll never do anything but work for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am trying to stay positive through all of this. It is the only thing keeping me sane.

      I hope your situation changes and you are able to do something other than work that you enjoy some day.

      Delete
  2. Yes life can change in a second and you are right, life can be as you want it, all you have to do is get up and make it happen.

    I do not think you are in denial, you are just getting things done now and not waiting, wallowing in self pity. You are stronger than any woman I know and I know God has your back.

    I am proud of you and you keeping living, live like you want to live for a change, just for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for your kind words. I find loneliness is what is getting to me the most. I haven't noticed til now how much I allowed him to isolate me from friends and family. I am not good at starting a conversation. So, its hard to start over. Thank goodness for my kids and nephew otherwise I would be going crazy.

      Delete
  3. I start a bucket list and I have no ideal. Who said one needs to start your bucket list or any of your so called adventure on 1st of January. I'm sure thinking of starting a Bullet Journal mid year...which is would be July 1st...Give a take week on either side I just might do Bullet Journal...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, I don't have a bucket list, I have a 10 gallon drum list.....lol. I hope you get to Niagara Falls and sometime soon, they are fantastic and make you realize how powerful the world around us is. I know it's not easy starting over again, but I think you are on the right track. Keep yourself busy, if you are lonely find a senior in your area that would love to sit with a cup of tea or coffee and just "be there".
    If you can get involved in a women's group, I'm sure there are others there that have trouble making conversations too. Isolation is the worst, so don't impose that on yourself. Do you go to church? Join one and see if they have some outreach programs to get involved in. There are plenty of ways to make friends if you can put yourself out there. I know it's been a real rough haul for you lately and for that I am so sorry. No one should have to go through that. But, you are on the right side of that deal. Crazy how downright stupid life can get sometimes. Drop me a line if you just need an ear, I'd be more than happy to talk even on the web if need be....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niagara Falls is beautiful! Hubby and I have been there many times when we lived in New York. I hope and pray you can move forward through your horrific ordeal and find happiness. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing things as they are, and accepting them, isn't denial. I think you have a very healthy attitude about all of this. Good luck with recreating yourself. We all need to do a bit of that, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.