Thursday, April 27, 2017

Beef Sausage Served With Kale And Veggies


One day I was out and abound running errands all day long. I wasn't able to grab something to eat along the way. By the time I got home I was hungry. I was running on low. I needed to get some yummy food in me. I did what I do best. I looked through the refrigerator to see what meat I had thawed out. All I saw was the beef sausage link. I grabbed it and sat it on the table. I looked in the deep freezer and noticed a bag of Kale with veggies I had previously bought from the Schwan's man. I grabbed it and sat it on the stove. 

Next, I grabbed a cutting board. I got the beef sausage out of its package and started slicing it up. I added it to a frying pan. When the beef sausage was cooked halfway through I added the bag of kale and veggies to the pan and a little olive oil. I mixed it all together and covered the pan. Every five minutes I would lift the lid and stir the ingredients together, overturning to make sure nothing would burn til the veggies was nice and tender. I removed the pan from the hot burner and served the meal on styrofoam plates. 

You can make your own version of this meal with the recipe below. As I always make a homemade version of any grab and go meal. As I like to know what I put in my meal to make it healthier when I can.  


Beef Sausage Served 
With Kale And Veggies

12 to 16 ounces of Beef Sausage - sliced
1 1/2 cup Kale - chopped
1 cup of carrots - chopped but longer slices
1/2 red bell pepper chopped or sliced
1 cup of lima beans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil

Fry the beef sausage half way before adding all the veggies to the same pan. Cover pan with a lid. Stir every 5 minutes till the meal is done to prevent burning.

Note - You can add different vegetables to the mix if you like. 

Photos ©SandyKS aka rusty2rusty.

15 comments :

  1. This sounds so good! I love kale and am always looking for new dishes to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good mix of veggies with kale and some meat all in one amazing dish.

      Delete
  2. What a delicious and healthy looking meal! I have been preparing more vegetables since the farmers market has opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love adding as much veggies as I can. i think I am going to make some soup today. it is raining and time for netflix and chill.

      Delete
  3. Kale and veggies looks delicious... and now, it is time for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Hubby would LOVE this. I have a dickens of a time getting frozen lima beans to cook here. I think it might be an altitude problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start cooking them longer. Add them in when you add the carrots. I like them crisp but soft and not mushy.

      Delete
  5. Fast and easy! that is how I like it. Love this recipe, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my friend. I love fast and easy too. As some days called for nothing but that.

      Delete
  6. Quick and easy and with a few chilli flakes..lol...Perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also use what's in my frig as an ingredient list. It's amazing what one can do with it once one is an experienced enough cook not to need a recipe. Your recipe can serve as a model for what to do with what's in one's own frig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kale. This looks easy to make and I love all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! The colour from the vegetables is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.