Monday, December 5, 2016

10 Christmas Songs To Listen To This Holiday Season


Another way I enjoy getting in to the Christmas spirit is listening to Christmas music after Decemeber 1st rolls around. I am going to share ten different Christmas songs in no perticular order from one to ten. A list looks better when it is numbered. Many of these songs I do not know how orginal wrote them or the year. I am sharing ones you can easily look up on Youtube to hear some of my favorite singers.

10 Christmas Songs To Listen To This Holiday Season

1. "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town", this is a song I have heard all my life. It reminds me of children Christmases. You better watch Santa Clause is checking his list. he is checking it twice.

2. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" By Twisted Sister, featuring Lita Ford. Many people, not just band members are out traveling during the Christmas seasons. Such as our young men and women in our armed forces.

3. "The Little Drummer Boy" sung by Bob Seger is about a little poor who has nothing to offer for Christmas to the new born King except playing a song on his drum. A song that proves you don't have to spend money to give something from yourself to someone else for Christmas.

4. "Silent Night" by Stevie Nicks. I have alwasy enjoy listening to her beautiful voice. I really don't know what this song is all about except sleep. It has always brought tears to me eyes. If you know please explain it to me.

5. "My Decemeber" By Linkin Park. This song is an apolgy and someoen not wanting to be alone. They realize holidays are better spent with others, than alone. If you are not talking to a loved one or friend, Christmas time is the perfect time to make amends without placing blame on who is right or wrong.

6. "So This Is Christmas" sung by Celine Dion is about Christmas a day where families come together to celebrate. No matter if they are poor or rich, or the color of the skin doesn't matter.

7. "Jingle Bell Rock". I had to share this song to liven up my spirit. As I was to get up and move around. dance or start baking my little ol head off.

8. "Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry. This is another song that gets me moving and in the Christmas spirit. When I feel like I am pressed for time during the Christmas season. I listen to this and know I am not the only one.

9. "Carol Of Bells" by Metallica. This is an instrumental. You can tell it has Metallica's touch, any true fan would recongize their music. Even if a Christmas tune is put to it.

10. "Christmas In Hollis" sung by Run DMC. If you like 80's rap, here is a Christmas one to add to your list. 

I hope you like my selections. As these ten songs doesn't begin to put a dent in all the different Christmas songs. Nor sung by various singers. I hope they help you get you in to the Christmas spirit.

What are your favorite Christmas songs?

Photo from Pixabay.

5 comments :

  1. I've always like 'Silent Night' but anything Christmassy makes me sing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you too! It drives my boyfriend crazy when I start singing Christmas songs.

      Delete
  2. My favourite is the Fairy Tale of New York. I don't think it's played that often in the US or in Canada, but it's a warm one that makes me know December and Christmas is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of that one. I will look that up and see if I can find that on my firestick to watch.

      Delete
  3. Yes...why exactly did those monks imagine the birth of Christ occurring on a "silent night," when the Bible tells us people saw angels singing in the sky? Why have so many people imagined it occurring "in the bleak midwinter," for that matter, when taxes were collected in autumn and the Bible tells us the sheep and shepherds were still sleeping out in the field? Then there's the way "Do You Hear What I Hear" skips through a couple of centuries, past the biblical King Herod and whole dynasties of Roman Emperors...

    There's nothing historically accurate about Christmas as we know it. I grew up thinking there was nothing Christian about it, but the value of collecting for urban missions in late autumn and early winter has converted me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.