Friday, November 4, 2016

Confession Time : Did You Know This About Me?


Over the years I have seen the challenge of writing something about myself that everyone don’t know. I have thought long and hard about this. As my life has always been an open book. I started thinking about all my health issues, aches and pains, and how I got to be where I am at.

I know some of my online friends know. I don’t know how many members actually remember. My boyfriend and I both have foods we need to avoid because either allergic or health issues. Other foods we should eat for the same reasons. Which makes it hard to follow any one certain diet plan.

Let me try to break it down a bit for you. My health issues or alignments :

GERD 
 Gastroesophageal reflex disease  which is a digestive disorder that affects the LES (the ring of muscle between the stomach and the esophagus. Basically the acid will back up my throat. When sleeping I will wake up coughing. This will lead to me puking my guts out. Sometimes is so bad because my stomach is empty that only blood comes up.

Rheumatoid Arthritis (R.A.) 
 is an autoimmune disease that affects the joints with pain, swelling and stiffness.

Chronic nerve pain 
 Nerve damage from being shot in my right calf. Where I have issues walking. Or standing for long periods.

Type 2 diabetic
Where my body doesn’t use insulin properly. Currently I am trying to control it by what I eat. 

Uncontrollable Muscle Spasms 
These started happening in my right calf, now I have them throughout my body.

Blindness
Blind in my left eye due to a lazy eye, astigmatism in the right. Glasses help me see better with my right eye. Nothing can be done with my left eye.

Partial Hearing
Partial hearing in both ears – Born this way. Doctors tried to fix my ears when I was two.

Pinch Nerves 
In my lower back, upper back and neck, I have pinched nerves.  I was rear ended as my vehicle was sitting at a stop sign. Stress in my neck with make it randomly pop out-of-place. Making me feel like I have  a migraine. But really my neck needs popped back into place.

Migraines
I have been plagued by migraines since I was a little girl
My feet and hands swell up – They throb in pain. I feel like I am over heating. I am told this could be from the Type 2 diabetes, R.A., or the Chronic nerve pain.
I have stomach bloat and pressure at and underneath my rib area.

IBS
I suffer from IBS. Mainly have constipation and stomach pains. I look for natural ways to help relieve this. Some days coffees doesn’t help.

Can you image the different diets I should be one for each alignment or health issues? Some conflict with each other. Finding the right diet isn’t easy.


What most people don’t know about me? Did you know?

Only 4 teeth left – I have always had bad teeth. I lost my last tooth by time I was twelve. Some teeth I did not lose fast enough. As my second set of teeth push them right over. Causing me to have a double row of teeth. As a teen I had 9 teeth removed. Braces were used to place the teeth left back into place to look like a full set. Back then braces were big, gay and ugly metal. I had the nickname metal mouth.

By time I was 22 years old, I had to have my permanent molars surgically removed. As time went on, I would go to the dentist for routine visits. If a tooth got infected, the dentist would pull it. As he said my teeth would degrade from the inside. By time I would notice a crack, or a pain, it was too late. It needed pulled as it could not be repaired.

When I moved down to Florida. I had no dental insurance. One of my teeth started bothering me. By that time my estranged husband was the only one working due to me trying to recover from my leg injury. I went to several different places. Not would see me without insurance. The ones who would wanted $200 up front. Which my family did not have.

Within several years I was able to move back to Ohio and gain some dental insurance. By that time. It was too late for my teeth. The damage was done as the infection spread.

I went to the dentist. I was told the entire row of top teeth would have to go. All but four of my bottom teeth would have to be pulled as well. I would need dentures. 6 months later I was still having appointments to get dentures. As it took longer back then to get them. When I got sick and missed an appointment. Since, I canceled the appointment the morning of and not cancel 48 hours ahead of time. The dental practice put me on a suspension by refusing to make an appointment for six months. At the time, it was the only place within a two-hour drive that would accept the kind of dental insurance I had. By time the six months was up, I had lost any insurance I had for a year. By time the year was up, I was able to get partial insurance again. I still have partial insurance. However, I do not have the deductible to cover to get dentures.

I have learned to accommodate my diet and eating by only having four teeth. Such as : Meat has to be tender. If it is chewy I can’t eat it. Veggies has to be partial cooked. As the only one I can eat raw is broccoli or cucumbers.

I hide not having many teeth. By rarely smiling. Never a full smile in pictures. Or any smiling that would show any teeth.

Did you know I only have 4 teeth left?

Challenge : Write about something most people do not know about yourself.

Related Products

10 comments :

  1. I may have a list almost that long- but I do find that not eating wheat and avoiding additives have helped somewhat. I would also recommend Vitamins- and probiotics! I'm sorry for you- but you're a brave trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you have a lot of health issues. Take care. Thanks for sharing us more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a comment. This was a hard challenge to decide what to write about.

      Delete
  3. Sorry that you have so many health issues but so happy about the way you deal with them. You re not alone I suffer from some of the same that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. What is that famous line that talking fish name Dory says, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

      Delete
  4. I love blogs like this because they really do bring an online friend to life. I enjoyed learning about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoy reading posts like this to. I like getting to know the person behind the pen.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing the trials of your life. It made you come alive as a person. My mother suffered from some of your issues so I have a small idea of how much your life has been impacted. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, it must be so tough with so many ailments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.