Saturday, October 15, 2016

Rib Fest 2016 Defiance, Ohio


A few weeks ago my boyfriend, daughter and I went to the local rib fest in my town. After this year I have decided I will no longer be attending the rib fest. This is due to several reasons. 

1. My boyfriend is allergic to pork. The rib fest does not allow for any type of meat to be served. Except for ribs. All vendors sell pork ribs. None sell beef ribs. In the past some vendors sold BBQ chicken too. With the new rule where vendors can only sell pork ribs. It excludes people with a pork allergy.

2. I am allergic to tomatoes. No vendors serve ribs without a BBQ sauce made out of tomatoes. I checked to make sure.

3. I see no reason to attend a festival that my boyfriend and I can't eat the main reason of the festival. 

4. It cost $5 for each person to enter. I see no reason to pay money to go somewhere I watch others enjoy eating. My boyfriend and I left and got food somewhere else. As the sides did not fill us up.

Now let's check out some of the food that was offered.


My daughter did get a 1/2 rack of ribs. She liked them. As she prefers meat and potatoes over anything else.


The bucket of fries with cheese added was good. Yet, a girl needs to be able to eat more than fries and cheese.


I decided to try the coleslaw that was offered at the vendors's "Spanky's", which is a local bar in town. I got maybe three bites in this cup. I paid $3.00 for it. To me $3.00 is a little much to pay for possibly three bites fo coleslaw. It was not good. I really did not like it.


My boyfriend did try the macaroni and cheese. He said it had a white sauce that tasted like alfredo.


My daughter did get some ice cream from the "Eric's Ice cream" truck. Eric's has three ice cream parlor's in town. The ice cream can be rather expensive, but you do get what you pay for. I always order a small. As I can't eat it all.

The Rib Fest can be an enjoyable experience for the whole family. As there is music and beer to go with the food. It is a great way to explore the downtown shops. 

Photos taken by and © belongs to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.