Monday, October 10, 2016

How To Carve A Pumpkin

Carving pumpkins has been a family tradition that I past down to my children and grandchildren. That was past down to me by my family. The earliest memory I have of carving pumpkins was when I was around three years old. My dad, Uncles and mom helped my two sisters and I carve pumpkins in the kitchen. I remember putting newspaper on the kitchen tablet and scooping the pumpkin seeds out. 

Carving pumpkins comes easy to me throughout the years. I enjoy watching others craved pumpkins as much as I enjoy craving them myself. Many places will have craving pumpkins contests. 


How To Carve A Pumpkin


1. First thing you do is choose a pumpkin to carve.


2. You cut a circle around the top of the pumpkin. To take the top off.


3. You scoop all the pumpkin seeds and pumpkin guts out to use later. You can bake the seeds to eat later. Put the top back on when done. 


4. You drawn the pattern you want on the pumpkin. Than start craving it out. 


5. Place a lit candle or light inside the pumpkin to make it light up and glow in the dark. 

Do you carve pumpkins for Halloween?

There are pumpkin carvings kits you can buy on Amazon


Photos from Pixabay a free use photo website.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.