Friday, May 20, 2016

Homemade Chicken Strips Recipe


Last night for dinner, I was trying to figure out what to make with three chicken breast. As I had four people to cook for. I decided I was going to cut them up in to smaller strips. That way there would be enough for everyone to eat. Plus, others if they showed up.

It worked. My three chicken breast multiplied in to many chicken strips. Enough that my teen son told me I had made to many chicken strips after he made it home for practice. I told him my boyfriend still had to eat yet. If anything was left over. I would send them to work for his lunch the next day. Plus, I would eat them for lunch.

I couldn't made to much. As there was none left over for me to have them for lunch. Ha, ha. That told me they turned out great.

One thing I have tried to teach my children is how to stretch a meal while living on a budget. Or how to make it go further. Cutting bigger pieces in to smaller portions or sizes can make a meal go further. To where you can feed more. Or have more meals out of one.

A meal I can make out of left over chicken strips is by cubing them up and turning them in to a Chicken Parmesan Casserole.

Do you live on a budget and wonder how to stretch your meals?


Chicken Stripes Recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 chicken breasts - Cut in to strips
3 cups of corn flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1/2 teaspoon of parsley
6 eggs scrambled


Instructions :
Take all dry ingredients and add to a bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
Have a frying pan with olive oil heated to medium.
Take one chicken strip, dip in the scrambled egg til coated, dip in dry ingredients mix. Place in oil in frying pan. Continue til pan is full of coated chicken strips.
Cook til golden brown on each side.
Take chicken strips out of frying pan. Place on plate that has paper towels on it. The paper towels will absorb the extra oil from the chicken strips.
Enjoy!!


This blog post has join a link up party through
"Raising Fairies and Knights" Blog  : 







No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.