Wednesday, May 25, 2016

12 Things To Spruce Up The Yard


Over the weekend, my family was sprucing up the yard. We have a long way to go to get to where I want it. As I want it to be a place where the teenage enjoy, my grandson can play, my dogs can run around, the wildlife can enjoy and be seen at the same time have family and friends over for BBQ's.

The landlord asked if I wanted to buy the house I am living in. It would be rent to own. The rent will be paid teh same way. Only things that change is paper work. This is something I am considering but really not decided yet.

Recently I found out that the rental property extends for another one to two feet. Eventually will extend the chain link fence to reflect that. That will give me plenty of sunny area to add a regular garden. Not under a tree where most things won't grow to lack of sunlight.

In the mean time, I have started sprucing up the yard. Plus, plans for the future :


1. Planted one flower bed out front with flowers and veggies from seeds.


2. Cleared a bunch of brush from a corner area.


3. Cut a tree down that was growing through the chain link fence.


4. Tilled the area up under the tree out back.


5. Gathered pallets to set up a prepare a garden for next year.


6. Have seeds ready to plant.


7. Placed three bushes in the ground. To use as a privacy fence.


8. Buy several elephant ear seeds to plant and use as a privacy coverage.

9. I bought a material that has several pockets to grow herbs or flowers in. Needs to be hung up on the chain link fence.


10. Fixed one bird feeder. Bought another one and hung it up.


11. Bought 8 more bags of mulch to get started on the other two flower beds out front.


12. My boyfriend needs to decide if he can make a front porch out of pallets. If so, the one flower bed will be covered up and not need to be tended. The porch will cover the flower bed and the walk way that gets flooded out. I am pushing for a front porch made out of the pallets.

What are you doing to spruce up your yard or garden?

1 comment :

  1. After ten years of interior DIY projects, it was weird to think that this was our first real yard project. It seemed like, of course we've done this kind of thing before...but this is the first time we've had a yard, so no, we hadn't. It was fun to try out a bunch of new tools (including a rock bar and a fancy new shovel, after Steve broke the one I picked up at a garage sale for $2 last fall).
    aluminum fence panels

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.