Wednesday, April 27, 2016

WW : Dinner Date At Kissners

Things have been rather busy at my place. Between watching my 22 month grandson and having two roommates in my tiny home. Which already includes two adults and two teens can get pretty hectic.

Yesterday, I went on a dinner date with my boyfriend. As we very much needed some alone time. We had not had a date or any alone time longer than I would have liked.


We went on our dinner date to a local place called 'Kissner's'. As we had not ate there in awhile. Kissner's has been around since before I was born.


The place still has the original bar from back in the good old days. When saloons lined up and down the street of Defiance. Before all the hustle and bustle of modern life.


My boyfriend ordered the 'Carl' burger or was it the 'Carl Jr.' The burger was named after the current owner. It is the biggest burger on the menu. What I like about this place, the owner still works there. He actually brought us our menus' and took our drink orders. before telling us who our waitress would be. Not places do that anymore.


I had to share this photo to show how big the 'Carl Burger' actually is. It is almost as big as my boyfriend's head. 


I ordered the 'Sizzler Boy', which is a sizzler served with mushroom and swiss cheese on a hoagie bun.

I won't ruin the surprise on learning the history of 'Kissner's". If you are ever in the NW Ohio area, looking for a good place to eat. Stop on by "Kissner's". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post was written as a part of an ongoing series every wednesday called "Wordless Wednesday". To learn more about it. Please go to the tab page marked "Wordless Wednesday".

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.