Monday, August 17, 2015

Defiance Balloon Festival 2015

©rusty2rusty
My family and I was able to going to the local "Defiance Balloon Festival 2015". This was a two day event, all day long. My family was able to arrive as soon as the balloons were starting to take off.

Defiance balloon festival

It was really cheap to get in. It only cost $2.00 a person. It was held at a local airport. So, there was plenty of room for a huge crowd of people.



Food venue that over charges
There was plenty of food venues to visit. One place my family stopped to grab something to eat over charged us. I spoke up saying I thought it was more. The employee repeated the total. I told her I was charged for large drinks but you could clearly see I purchased small ones. She stuck to her price. Needless to say, next time I run in that food truck. I will avoid it. As i don't want over charged again.

firetruck

You were able to see a firetruck. kids could climb up in it. There was an old "Arps Dairy" milk truck and other vehicles on display.


Fire thrower

There were different acts going on through out the event. One was fore throwers. There were two guys performing. The guy in the picture was not any good. He kept dropping the stick he had on fire. The guy was very good at what he was doing.

My daughter and I
There were different businesses lined up under tents. They were selling jewelry, perfumes, products with balloons on them, and one lady was selling self protection for females. I already have a stun gun that looks like a cell phone. Otherwise I probably would of bought something. Her tent had the longest line. All in all we had a great time. It was fun to watch the events going on.

When was the last time you went to a local festival? What was it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.