Friday, August 21, 2015

ABC Emotions Challenge X

Today's letter for the ABC Emotions Challenge is the letter "X". The letter "X" is the 24th letter in the English language. In Roman numerals, X is the number ten. I remember when I learnt about Roman numbers in school. I don't remember which grade I first heard about them. I do remember thinking it was fun counting with Roman numerals. It was hard for some kids to learn. It seem to come natural to me. For this I was allowed to help teach other kids how to count with Roman numerals.

When I was growing up, when I would write letters. Or send cards. I was taught to add XOXO at the end of each one. As XOXO meant hugs and kisses. X represented to mouths kissing. The letter O represents circling around one another to complete a hug. To bad not as many people write letters now a days. I always loved writing letters and receiving them. I use to have pen pals from all over the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoyed reading this ABC Challenge. You may enjoy the rest of the alphabet. Which can be found from A - W. Click : HERE
Remember I update my blog at least once a week. You have no worries about your email being flooded if you decide to follow this blog by email.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To learn more about the weekly ABC Emotions challenge click the image below. As this blog links up with that blog every week of the ABC Emotions Challenge


Photos courtesy of Pixabay.com a free use photo website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.