Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I Use This The Most In My Kitchen

One of things I use most in my kitchen is a sandwich maker made by Rival. I picked it up at a garage sale for $2.00 a few weeks ago.

I have had others in the past. I am not sure what happened to my last one. I had to get another with summer here. As sandwiches are something my family eats alot of in the summer time. I love the sandwich maker because of all the different sandwiches you can make with it. You can make more than sandwiches. Like pancakes and eggs.

Yes, you really can make breakfast in the sandwich machine. I started using a sandwich about twenty years ago when I moved in to an apartment. The kitchen had a gas stove hook up. I could not afford a brand new gas stove at the time. As I was a single mom. I improvised and bought different appliances to help me create a meal without having to buy a gas stove. At the time you were not allowed to sell use gas stoves in my area.




Now the fun part of seeing how to make a sandwich in the sandwich maker. Let's make a pizza sandwich. I am starting out with two pieces of bread. I butter each side and face the butter side down.








Add pizza sauce. You do not want the sauce to touch the edge. otherwise it will explode and go all over your sandwich maker. It will make a mess. Instead try centering the sauce in the middle. It will be spread as we place as it cooks. A small jar of pizza sauce will last a long time making these sandwiches.





Now you can add any item you like to eat on your pizza.

Such as: mushrooms, onions, olives, spinach, pepperoni, peppers, sausage, different cheeses and more.




I choose to add a half slice of mozzarella cheese. You do not want to over portion your cheese. As it will also spread when cooking and make a mess.







When you have all your topping. You can place the top slice of bread on each sandwich. Butter side up.









About 10 to 15 minutes later, or until the bread turns a golden brown. The sandwich is done. it can be removed from the sandwich maker.






The sandwich maker makes a crease in the sandwiches. It is to make it easier to cut in half. This is what the sandwiches look like out of the sandwich maker and on a plate.

The best part is you can make any warm sandwich you can think of in the sandwich maker. In the past I have made ham & cheese sandwiches, fried tuna and swiss cheese sandwiches, fried bologna sandwiches ( I'll have to make that to share the recipe at another time ), meatball marinara, and roast beef & cheese.  I always load on the veggies when making any sandwich.

The best part in the summer, I do not heat my home up to cook. Cleaning the sandwich machine is easy. All you do is wipe it clean. My kids all enjoy using the sandwich maker for a quick bite to eat.

I had also made muffins and breads in the sandwich maker. each item comes out looking like triangles. However, it works.

What kind of combinations would use you use to make a sandwich?

********************************

Note : For those who can not leave a comment because you do not have a Google+ account but want to. You have two options. Join Google+ or share my blog post on all of your social media you are a member of to help spread the word.

Thank you. It would be much appreciated.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.