Monday, February 2, 2015

Homemade Gravy Over Hashbrowns


In my family, we make breakfast for dinner at least once a week. With school and work, dinner is the one time we get to sit together, talk about our day and enjoy each other's company.



My teen son is my pickiest eater. The only thing he placed on his plate for dinner was turkey bacon, hashbrowns, and homemade gravy. I have tried with this child to get this child to eat healthier with no luck. However, he is a exercise and sports nut.


My teen son may not eat much healthy foods. At least he will eat turkey bacon which is healthier and less greasy than pork bacon. I switched to turkey bacon a few years ago. After I realized my boyfriend was allergic to pork. 


The recipe for the homemade gravy is :

Homemade Gravy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/2 gallon of milk - I like to use 1%
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika (yes, you read that right)
1 TB chicken bouillon

Thickener
~~~~~~~~
4 TB flour or cornstarch
Add water to the thickness you want the gravy to be. After mixing, immediately add to the milk mix.

Heat to a simmering boil. 
Add the thicker, stir using a whisk the whole time. 

Once everything is stirred together to the thickness the gravy you would like. It is done. I give it a quick taste test to see if anything needs added.

All photos and recipe ©rusty2rusty.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.