Friday, August 19, 2016

Crab Bite Recipe


Last night I was in the mood to make something. Since I still have not replace the heating element in my oven. I knew I couldn’t use that. I still wanted to bake something. I immediately grabbed my Babycakes maker. Sure everything looks like muffins, but the Babycakes maker allows me to get baking out of my system. Plus, I don’t have to worry about heating up the entire house.


One thing I realized with the Babycakes making. I can make anything in a mini version, I want to bake in the oven.  
For April Fool’s Day I made mini meatloaf’s and frosted it with mashed potatoes to look like cupcakes. The teens fell for it. We all got a good laugh.
My daughter and I got the ingredients around. As I wanted to make a version of crab bites or mini crab cakes. After looking at all the ingredients, it was agreed to make crab bites. Even though the Babycakes maker will make them look like muffins or little cakes.
I was able to find the crab meat on sale at Walmart in those small packages of imitation crab for a $1.00 a piece. The can of biscuits I bought in a package of four.  I believe they were on sale at the time I bought them to. I can not for the life of me remember how much I paid for them. You should know me, if I can’t find a deal or on sale. I am not buying it.

Crab Bites Recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 ounces of crab meat (chopped)
4 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1 small onion (diced)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup of Stevia or other diabetic sugar
2 cans of refrigerated biscuits (I use Pillsbury brand)
1 egg
1 teaspoon of water
1 teaspoon Chia seeds

Add soften cream cheese, crab meat, onion, garlic salt, sugar, and ginger in a bowl. Mix til well blended together.
In a separate bowl, mix water with egg til well blended.
Take one refrigerated biscuit, fallen it. Place some of the crab mixture in the middle of the biscuit. Fold biscuit over and make sure all sides are closed. Place biscuit in Babycakes maker. Brush the top with the egg mixture. Top with Chia seeds.
Bake til golden brown or five to eight minutes.
Note : This recipe can easily be adapted to use in the oven. Or with crescents for a lighter outside.
Note : You can opt out of using the sugar. Unless you like a little sweeter taste.
If you try my homemade recipe. Please let me know what you think. I know everyone has their own taste and preferences. I do enjoy hearing if others have tried my recipes and if they made any changes to it.
Photo © belongs to me Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.


3 comments :

  1. Bookmarked, was just thinking about crab cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! I'm going to have to try this. I don't have one of those babycakes machines, but at least they can be baked in the oven. Thanks! I'm saving it, and I'll let you know when I try it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.