Sunday, June 12, 2016

Meatloaf and Salad Recipe


The other night I made meatloaf in the crock pot. Plus a big side salad with it. My portion of meatloaf was small. As I have been cutting back on the amount of meat I eat. Instead I have trying to make the portion on my plate 3 part veggies to 1 part meat.

This is more healthier for my family. Plus, it allows for the different meats I cook to be stretched further.

The meatloaf was really easy to make. I use ground hamburger, mixed in a packet of meatloaf seasoning, dried onions, 2 eggs, 1/4 of milk, and 1/2 of dried bread crumbs. Mixed them all together. Placed in crock pot for three to four hours. I drained the grease before severing.

I love cooking meatloaf in the crock pot. I will not cook meatloaf in the oven ever again. I love the slow and roasted flavor you get from the crock pot. The taste can not be matched in an oven.

The salad was a mixture of sliced mushrooms, sliced radishes, diced cucumber, diced broccoli, shredded Colby jack cheese, grated carrots, and two different types of lettuce.

I love making salad. As you can add in any kind of fresh vegetable and fruits to make a unique and different salad each day. I normally don't add meat to my salads. Sometimes I do when I am a diet eating nothing but salads. I will add a little meat for protein. Such as : tuna, chicken or turkey.

Do you like salads or meatloaf? Have you ever made meatloaf in the crock pot?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.