Sunday, February 22, 2015

Red Velvet Cake Review

©rusty2rusty
One thing my family likes doing together, is baking and trying out what we made. Either from scratch or a box. If it looks good, we will try it.

Recently, I was shopping at Aldi's grocery store.I picked up a box of Baker's Choice Red Velvet cake mix. Sure it is an off brand. However, the thought of eating red cake in the month of February was enticing. 

Look at how the cake baked a deep dark red velvet color. Beautiful! Did I forget to mention red is one of my favorite colors? That makes this cake even more desirable to me.
©rusty2rusty

My teens fought for the right to frost the cake after it cooled off. We chose a bright pink to top off the red velvet color of the cake. The pink was a little to bright to my liking. However, it did look pretty to the eye.
©rusty2rusty
What do you think? It looks good doesn't it. Do you want to share a piece? Stop on over while it is still warm and dig in.

My family likes to place a piece of warm cake in a bowl. Pour a little cold milk in and eat it that way.

It makes for a great snack. Or a sweet treat right before bed.

On a scale from 1 to 5. 5 being the highest. I rate this cake of 4. Like I stated above, the frosting was to bright for my liking. Otherwise, the taste was delicious. No other complaints. I would buy this brand and shop at Aldi's again.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.