Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nov 7th - Things I Am Thankful For


Some of the many things I am thankful are the pets I have or had. I have numerous pets in my care over the years of different types ands breeds.
When I was growing up my family owned a farm that had all types of animals. I am very thankful for the experience with the animals that made my heart grow. I learned early on how compassionate animals can be.
I am thankful for Henrietta, who was the family pet chicken. She was the only chicken who would allow my sisters and I to pick up her chicks without peaking us in the knees.
I am thankful for the first dog I can remember, Hobo. He was a lab all black. My sisters and I did everything with
this dog. To the point my younger sister would sit and feed this dog with her spoon. I think she might of been three years old when she fed Hobo with a spoon.
I now am owned by three beautiful male dogs.
Moose, the Chug, whom is the eldest. I am his human. He always keeps my lap warm and alerts me if anyone is in the yard or near it.
Buster, the English Mastiff, is second in line. He is barely over a year old. He is at the age where he is trying to show his dominance to Moose. Moose is not willing to give it up so easily.
The last and youngest is Rascal, the Chihuahua mix. I know his momma is a chihuahua that runs loose. So, we knows what he is mixed with. He is so tiny compared the rest of the dogs. He loves to travel and meet new people. The ladies always seem to fall in love with him.
Do you have any animals?
Ever had a pet chicken?
What are you thankful for today?
Photo © belongs to rusty2rusty. It is a photo of Rascal laying on Moose. They get along great.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.