Friday, October 14, 2016

Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes


One of the things I enjoy making each October is Pumpkin pancakes for my family. When I first started making pumpkin pancakes for my family, my children would come in to the kitchen when I was cooking. They would ask me what the orange color was in the mixing bowl. I wouldn't tell them til they tasted the pancakes. 

My teenagers tried them. They both loved them. I did come out and tell them it was made with pumpkin. We all had a good laugh. I was surprised they did not figure out pumpkin was use by the taste.


4 c. flour
3 TBS baking powder
1/4 c. Splenda sugar 
(or whatever sugar substitute you wish to use)

2 1/2 c. fat-free milk
2 eggs
3 1/2 TBS butter
15 oz. can of pumpkin

Mix all dry ingredients with liquid ingredients. Heat pan to medium-low or griddle to 250 to 300 degrees. If the pan or griddle is too hot, the pancakes will burn. If that happens, turn the temperature down. Let cool and start again. 
I use a ladle to spoon the batter into the griddle or pan. I pour where the batter forms a circle. I let cook til I see bubbles form around the edges. Turn pancake over. Finish cooking till golden brown. Use a spatula to move pancake from pan to plate. Top with honey.

Are you ready to try a bite of a homemade pumpkin pancakes? 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photos taken by and © belong to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.