Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Should Food Stamp receipts be handed seeds and be required to grow a garden?


I think more people should have a garden. People who live in apartments still can have a small garden. It's possible. Plus, it will help those who need food. I plan on having a garden this year.


I want to move. So, I am placing everything in pots that can be transferred when I do move. Last year this time, I thought I was going to move and didn't plant. I won't be making that mistake again. Either way. I am having a garden this year.


I am too disappointed with the fresh produce in the local grocery stores. Lettuce that isn't green but yellow. The taste is bland compared to what use to be grown in my parents garden. Strawberries sold at a discount because they are starting to mold. Tomatoes are pale red or orange, compared to the deep red sweet juicy tomatoes. I am a type 2 diabetic. I need to control my sugar levels with my diet. I can't do that, if I can't obtain the proper foods. Gardening seems the only way I know to ensure I get what I need.


Should people who receive Food Stamps be handed seeds and be required to grow a garden? I have often thought of this question. As a garden can be hard work. It is also a helpful skill to have. many of the younger generation has no clue how to plant a garden or the first step how to take care of one.


Or should more areas participate in a community garden where anyone can have a small area to plant in? A table will be accessed to leave extra food from the garden. People can trade or swap the foods they grow to get a variety.

Photo from Pixabay and Google free re-use photos.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.