Thursday, January 1, 2015

Favorite Christmas Song

One of my favorite Christmas songs has always been the "Little Drummer Boy." I first heard the song when I attended a Lutheran church with my stepmother and father. It was a song that was sung around the holidays in Sunday school before we were sent to classrooms.
After, I grew older I learned a little more about the song. Such as it was created in 1941 by a Katherine Kennicott Davis.
The song is about a poor boy who was invited to play his drum as a gift for the newborn infant Jesus Christ.
Many different artist have sung the song since it was first created. I was able to find a video on YouTube for those who are unfamiliar with it.
You can see the video of it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc
Sorry I am not sure how to add a Youtube video yet. So I only shared the link. 

I challenge you to share a photo or video of your favorite Christmas song, if you haven't already.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.