Friday, October 14, 2016

Pumpkin Rolls


One of the things to write about in the October writing challenges is your favorite Halloween treat. My favorite Halloween treat are pumpkin rolls. I discover this sweet treat years ago at a work related get together. A lady made one of these and brought it in. She offered to make them for anyone willing to pay. Many people grabbed the opportunity at buying a homemade treat. As her prices were cheaper than the stores. She continued to offer this service offering to make different types of rolls depending on the holiday til she quit. I was able to keep in touch with her till I moved to Florida. Since that time I have learned to make them on my own.


Pumpkin Roll Recipe
1 cup of pumpkin
1 cup of Splenda (or other sugar substitute)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons baking soda
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I substitute this with ginger due to an allergy)
1 cup of flour

Filling
6 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces of whip cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon or ginger. Set aside. Mix together sugar, eggs and pumpkin til fluffy. Combine with flour mixture til smooth. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spray with cooking oil. I choose to use an olive oil cooking spray.  Pour mixture on to cooking sheet. Bake for fifteen minutes. Allow to cool completely. While cooling mix all the ingredients to the filling together. When cake is cooled completely. Pour filling on top of cake. Spread filling out evenly. Roll the cake in to a jelly roll shape. Cover with wax paper and foil. Chill in refrigerator for an hour before serving.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
I have challenged myself to write every day something that is related to Halloween. As Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, next to Christmas. I also decided to join the "Ultimate Blog Challenge" I created a post called "October 2016 Writing Challenges", it is where I am getting my ideas to write the entire month.

Photos taken by and © belong to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.