I have a tiny kitchen. I have a small amount of space where I need to create a good home cooked meal for my family. A freezer in a regular size refrigerator is not big enough to feed a family of four for a month. Unless I plan to go grocery shopping in a weekly bases.
I have a small deep freezer to make up what my fridge freezer lacks in space. As I freeze many fruits and veggies to last all freezer long. I also use the deep freezer to prepare the meals. As it is the higher than the table. Where I don’t have to hunch over to do anything. Plus, I really have no counter space.
I am limited on cupboard space as well. This is my cupboard where I store can foods and boxes. I have another cupboard like this to store dishes and pans.
This is a storage rack I bought to add more stuff. It helps. As you can see I need to sort through things again. As my teenagers will place things anything where hey can shove them. I hate having to hunt for those to cook or eat. I like to be organized. My teenagers are the opposites. Especially my daughter.
To remove clutter from my kitchen. I will go from cupboard to cupboard to organize and rearrange things. As I like things to look neat and easy to find. I tend to do it about every two weeks. If I wait a month I don’t recognize my own kitchen.
Some rules of the kitchen to stay clean and organized :
1. Kitchen table must be cleaned off after each use. Only thing that stays on table is the crock pot.
2. All recyclables must be placed outside in the recycling bin each night.
3. Nothing sits on the deep freezer. Must clear off after each use.
4. Dishes must be done after each meal, dried and put away. Dishes must be done before I could the next meal.
5. Microwave must stay cleaned. If you make a mess clean it up.
6. Counter and stove top cleaned up after each use. Do not store anything but pans on stove top.
7. Groceries are to be put away. As soon as they come in the home. Plastic bags thrown away. Unless from Aldi’s, than keep them under the sink.
8. Brooms, mops, etc are stored on side of refrigerator.
9. Metal steps get place on other side of refrigerator.
10. Floor gets swept each night. Floor gets mopped each weekend.
I re-organize cupboards, shelves, or any storage areas when family is away at school, or work.
What rules do you have in the kitchen? How do you stay organized and clean in the kitchen?