Thursday, January 26, 2017

Preparing A Garden Tire For Planting


Before the snow started to fall in my area, I decided to prepare an old tire as a garden. The tire is not good to use on a vehicle anymore. It was given to me for free. Tires make a great place to garden. I plan to plant some flowers or a rose bush here. I have not decided yet.


My precious grandson was over for a little while. I was babysitting him. Look at those big beautiful eyes. I love looking into his eyes. They are so dreamy and make me fall deeper in love. My grandson was a big help in helping me prepare the tire, to where I can plant in the spring.


My grandson filled the cup up and helped me pour it into the tire. Cupful by cupful. He is a big helper.


It may have taken a little longer allowing him to him help me this way. Yet, it created some much-needed bonding time. I can tell you my grandson is not afraid to get his hands dirty.


After placing the dirt in the tire. My grandson and I placed a bag of mulch on top of the dirt. Slowly, cupful by cupful. I think he has a knack for gardening. What do you think?

Photos©SandyKS aka rusty2rusty

Related products to buy 
(Click on any picture below for more details)
I, Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. I may earn something when you click through to make a purchase.



11 comments :

  1. What a cutie! and I've always thought about making a tire planter but haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should of done it a long time ago. I wish I had more tires now.

      Delete
  2. Your grandson is adorable and his eyes do make me melt. God bless your little helper 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He melts my heart. He is so smart and sweet.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful memories you created for your grandson, he will remember he helped you build this and will tell everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he does. I am trying to make memories as much as I can. As one day he father plans to move out of state and take him too.

      Delete
  4. So cute! And an awesome way to reuse a tire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to spray paint it in the spring. Probably a teal or blue color.

      Delete
  5. Such a great idea and how perfect that you sweet grandson was there to help play in the dirt! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I purchased the seeds to the blue rose and hoping I can get it to seed in the spring.

      Delete
  6. Great idea, I love this! You have such a cute little helper too :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient till your comment can be approved.