Friday, August 26, 2016

Why I Don't Write Every Day




I am a writer. I do not write every day. I am not suffering from writer's block. I have plenty of ideas written down to write new articles. I write when the time allows me to do so. There are many reasons why I may not write an article each day.

Reasons for not writing an article

1. Emotions

I will not write an article when I am stressed out or angry. As I tend to get snappy and judgmental in my articles. If someone disagrees it feels like an attack. It is best for me to get my emotions under control before posting or commenting.

2. Noise

There is too much noise going on around me. Either from a distracting TV show or movie. To my teenagers arguing or my daughter having a meltdown. I can't think to write under those circumstances.

3. Knowledge

I don't have knowledge to complete an article. It takes time to look up facts to enhance my articles based on what I am writing about.

4. People

I have people coming and going from my home. It could be friends or relatives dropping by. I don't like to write when people can peer over my shoulder. My computer is in the living room. I like to write an article before anyone reads it. Not during.

5. Time

Some days I do not have enough time in the day to write. As family obligations and doctors appointments come first. If the appointments are mid morning, it cuts my time to write during the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photo from Pixabay, a free use photo website.

10 comments :

  1. Those are al great reasons not to write everyday. I haven't been written myself lately. I just on't really have the time and illness of family members and friend are keeping me away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are harder to write than others. I am hoping since school started up last week that I can get on some kind of schedule.

      Delete
  2. They are great reasons not to write daily. I like to have the weekends to myself, but I tend to schedule posts so it looks like I write daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to not have time to write on the weekends. I should get some writings done in draft to display on weekends. It would be easier to do to. I have't got around to it.

      Delete
  3. I am so busy and stressed out with doctors. I am sick with something, maybe just allergies, but I try to write daily, even if its to release stress.

    I am thinking about taking a break and just working my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to not write on weekends unless it is a recap of what I have written all week long.

      Delete
    2. If you need to take a break, do so. Everyone needs one from time to time.

      Delete
  4. I can so relate to this post! I can't write if there is lots of noise or confusion going on. If hubby's at home, forget it. The TV will be almost always on unless he's napping. Knowledge is a biggie. It's always best to collect what you need to make your posts the best they can be the very first time. I didn't get that when I first started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I'd add: and sometimes I'm not online! (The whole long weekend, I *hope to* be out in the sun, working.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.