Thursday, June 4, 2015

Salisbury Meatloaf Recipe

The other day I wanted to make salisbury steak for my family. However by time it was to make the salisbury steak patties. My wrist was hurting. I had a hard time finishing up dinner. Instead to save face I placed all of the salisbury mix into a glass pan. It worked out great. When carpel tunnel affects your wrist. It comes to a point where you need to stop what you are doing. As your wrists will not allow you to do anymore. Many times I have had to circumvent a recipe to complete a dinner on time. This recipe was an overall hit with my family.

If I rated it on a scale from 1 to 5. 5 being the top rating. I would rate it a 4. Why a 4? I would choose a 4 because the onions were not cut down small enough. Onions in large pieces tend to turn many people away from dishes like this. I will make sure to cut them up smaller next time. I will allow myself enough time to allow rest for my wrist. Instead of trying to hurry.

I made gravy out of the hamburger drippings. I used the same species in the gravy as I did the salisbury meatloaf. It went over well over the salisbury steak. It was a nice blend. I will do this again.

Salisbury Meatloaf Recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/2 package of saltine crackers
1 egg
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 small onion diced
2 lbs hamburger
1 lb of Lipton Beef onion mix

Heat oven to 450 degrees to 475 degrees. Mix all ingredients together very well. Place ingredients in a glass pan. Shape to have an even look across the glass pan. Bake for 1/2 hour or until golden brown.

Note ** You can choose to shape the mixture in to salisbury steak and place in glass pan. Or do what I did and place it all in together like a meatloaf. Your choice.

Brown gravy recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Use same pan you browned the hamburger in. Use the hamburger dripping to make the gravy.

1 package of Lipton Beef Onion mix
2 TB flour
1 can of beef broth
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika

Mix till all is blended together. Pour over pieces of salisbury steak meatloaf when done.

Can be served with mash potatoes. Green beans, carrots or corn on the cob.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.