Friday, June 5, 2015

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Sometimes when creating a meal. I must get creative. As my teens have a habit of using items up for their lunch. That I have planned for meals. Plus the fact at times my pantry and fridge is running low on food supplies. I must use what I have in stock. The other day was no exception.

So, I have created my version of Chicken Spaghetti. I cooked the spaghetti noodles per the directions. I sat aside when done. At the same time I was frying up chicken. I took several boneless pieces of chicken. I sliced them up to smaller pieces. When done. I placed them to the side. I used the dripping in the pan to make a gravy to go over top of everything.

Chicken Gravy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chicken dripping
1 can of cream of chicken
milk
1/2 sea salt
1/2 black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 garlic salt
flour

I mix the can of cream of chicken with the chicken droppings. I bring to a boil. Everything else I mixed in another bowl. I added water and whisked it together til it was the consistency of the gravy that I wanted. I pour in to the pan with chicken droppings and cream of chicken soup. I use my whisk to mix everything together at the same time. As I am pouring the mixture in. It is complete when I get it to the thickness of the gravy I prefer.

**Chicken drippings are what is left over in the pan after frying up the chicken. Use that same pan to create the gravy.

Place spaghetti noodles on plate. Place chicken slices on top. Cover with gravy and your plate is done.

You can serve this with mash potatoes. You can also add different veggies in your gravy mix. I like adding onions and mushrooms with mine. However, I was out. So, I served canned green beans and carrots on the side.

Have you ever made chicken spaghetti before?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.