Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A - Z Challenge : Letter E


I absolutely love eating eggs. Eggs seem to go with everything. You can cook hard boiled eggs. Take them and some biscuits when going out on a long walk or picnic to have for a quick pick me up snack.


You can add them in recipes or make omelets. Eggs are also used as a binder to hold things together when cooking. Like when you are making meatloaf or cauliflower pizza crust.

Eggs can also be used when you what to bread something, it acts as a coating for the flour to stick.


I wish I didn't have to leave the yolks of the eggs out. My cholesterol is way to high. Doc says if I eat eggs to not eat the yolks.

At first, I thought bummer. I love eggs. I started experimenting creating things with no egg yolks. It does not change the taste in breads or cakes. I separate the yolks from the egg whites. I give the yolks to my kids, I just add it into their scrambled eggs.

Now I place different veggies in a cupcake pan, than pour the egg whites over them. Than bake til done. You will know when they are done baking because they will fall right out of the pan. It makes for an easy to pick up and go all in one mini omelet. I love adding mushrooms, sweet potatoes and red bell peppers the most. Other times I will add onion, mushroom and bacon. Or shredded cheese and pre-cooked sausage. The possibilities are really endless.

Let's talk about eggs. How do you like your eggs? Do you use them as a binder or coating? Do you make meals out of them or combine them in recipes for flavor?

All photos are from Pixabay.com while searching for the word eggs.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.