Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dandelion Tea Recipe

When I was little my Angel grandmother use to make dandelion tea all the time. She made it so much. I thought everyone's grandmother made it. My family would come over to visit my grandmother. First thing she would do is send us kids out to gather dandelions. I always had fun doing it. As the dandelion with the bright yellow colors were easily found through the yard.

I never knew to years later that dandelion tea has many uses. The one that really caught my attention was that it is used to help in the health of those suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. My Angel grandmother had type 1 diabetes. I just recently found out I am a type 2 diabetes. Dandelions helps with urine creation and to decrease swelling. Now I understand why she made it so much.

I got mom to look through grandma's old things. Luckily her dandelion tea was written down. Here it is :

Dandelion Tea
~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 cup boiling water 
2 teaspoon dried dandelion leaves 

Pick dandelion greens. Wash them thoroughly. Making sure all dirt is washed off. Place dandelion leaves in pot, pour boiling water, stir and cover for 3 - 5 minutes. Stirring one time. Strain dandelion greens out of tea. Pour in a glass.

Serving size 1. You can double, triple or even quadruple the recipe to make more servings at a time. 

You can add lemon, orange, mint or honey for added taste.

#Dandelion #Dandelion-tea #Tea #Diabetes #Diabetes-1-and-2 #Recipe #Grandmother #Grandmother-recipe

Photo from Pixabay.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.