Saturday, October 1, 2016

What October Means To Me


October has many special meanings to me. As I was growing up it meant trick or treating was near when the weather turned colder and the leaves started turning colors.


As I grew older october meant my favorite fall flavors were becoming available again. Pumpkin, turkey, vanilla are a few.


When I started having children of my own, October meant I was able to go trick or treating once again. Now my kids are too old to go trick or treating I look forward to passing out candy  to trick or treaters. I love seeing the different costumes and smiles on the faces when they realize they get to grab a handful of candy. Instead of one piece.


October also means the celebration of my teens son's birth. This year on the eighth he will be turning eighteen. The day after my family will celebrate my great nieces birthday. Two week later we celebrate another nieces birthday.


Talking about celebrations, Halloween Eve is the my family celebrates my Chug's fifth birthday. I can remember the day he was born. As I had no clue his momma was pregnant when I rescued her from a flipper. 


October is also the month my boyfriend and I celebrate being together for five years. We got together in August but couldn't remember the day. We choose to celebrate on a day we both enjoy and love.

What does October mean to you?


I have challenged myself to write every day something that is related to Halloween. As Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, next to Christmas. I created a post called 
"October 2016 Writing Challenges". The first thing listed is to write about what October means to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first two photos are from Pixabay a free use photo website. The rest of the photos were taken by and © belongs to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.