Friday, September 2, 2016

New Highschool Is A Year Ahead Of Schedule


My teens fast track was two weeks ago. Fast track is when the students can go in on a certain day to pick up their IPads after paying the fee. Plus, get the Ipad all set up for the school year. As new programs may have been added. While others were took off.

A day or two after fast track, students were able to pick up their yearly schedule and meet their new teachers. See where their classrooms are and find their new lockers. While figuring out the combinations work or not. Plus, pick up a school supply list.


While visiting the school with my teens, I was able to see the new high school while being built. It will be bigger to accommodate all the high school students to one area. 

The current high school will be housed by the middle school students. As the middle school is old. It was built in 1918. One floor is not used because of the damaged. No air conditioning or elevators. The school will not be torn down because it has historical value. The traffic on the main stripe of town will no longer backed up. By parents waiting to pick up their children while blocking enter way into the downtown area twice a day.


I was able to see the new high school under construction. I heard it is a year ahead of schedule. If we have a mild winter, the school will be a year ahead of time. Depending on what they have done, depends on what they can do when snow hits. Oh, make no bones about it. The snow will come. As it falls every year. 

My teens started school last week. I have got most of the supplies they need. I don't have all of it. As I need to buy my teen son a particular calculator for a class. It costs around one hundred dollars. I still need to buy the teens more clothes for school. I was able to get them a few but not much. A sale is coming up at Rue 21 which I plan to take them too. The teens can pick new clothes out. At the same time I save money. This way they get more of what they need.

Photos take by and © belongs to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like all will be happy to have the new school open - beginning of the school year is so not budget friendly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone in the city is for the new school. It is needed.
      I agree start of school year is not budget friendly. I had to shell out for my daughters choir and school pictures. I wasn't able to get pictures for my teen son. I am hoping them have them later in the school year. If not, I will take him up town to get them done. Next year will be senior pictures for him.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a huge school.
    They tore down the middle schools here and replaced them with new buildings. It was sad to see the old buildings go! I'm glad they are keeping yours for the historical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah many school in the county have been torn down and combined for new ones. In the city we had several elementary schools. They were all combined to a new one. Old ones either torn down or sold and turned in to something else.

      Delete
  3. Things have changed so much since I was in high school. I just read an article about how computer are actually making our children less smart. They need to go back to using pens and paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think the computers are making our kids less smart. many have no sense of good handwriting. They use spell check to correct their misspellings instead of learning how to actually spell the words. I am glad I grew up before the technology allowed us to have own own Ipads in school

      Delete
  4. Ipads in school? That makes me feel super old! It seems that school spending gets more and more as time goes by. I can still remember scraping together a few pennies to buy one of my sons the folder he needed. Times have really changed. Everything was free when I went to school. For my kids, not so much. But now? I'd got broke I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.