Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fried Cheesy Spinach Flatbread


When I am by myself, I like to make a quick bite to it. Since, my family doesn't love spinach as much as I do. I tend to make sandwiches loaded with spinach when I am alone for lunch.

Sometimes I like to eat a quick hot meal. Frying the meal up helps with that. I didn't want to take the time to make it with eggs. I grabbed the flatbread to give it a whirl.

  
Fried Cheesy Spinach Flatbread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 piece of flatbread - Cut in half
Butter
Spinach
1 slice of cheddar cheese

Spread flatbread with butter on side. Place butter side down in frying pan. Add slice of cheese. Top with as much spinach as you want. Add other half of flatbread with butter side up. Turn over when flatbread turns brown. Remove when both sides turn a golden brown. Cut in to slices and serve.

In the past I have added mushrooms, tomatoes and sliced red onions. On occasion I will add shredded carrots or sweet potatoes.

What is something you like made with spinach?

Photos taken by and © belong to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty.



4 comments :

  1. We are big spinach lovers too. My favorite spinach recipe is a crustless spinach pie that's made with eggs and cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds wonderful. Is it best to be eaten warm or cold?

      Delete
  2. I've been known to buy a bag of prewashed spinach and just eat it out of the bag, like chips, as a nibble-at-the-desk-all-day...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.