Monday, May 16, 2016

Italian Vegetable Pasta Recipe


It is no surprise to my family that I am not a real big meat eater. Yes, I like to eat meat. No, I do not like to eat a bunch of meat. I am picky about the meats I do eat. I could go without eating any kind of meat if I wanted. I don't want to stop eating meat. 

I do limit how much meat I eat. To the point I will make meatless meals. My family is still free to eat as much meat as they want on the days I make meatless meals. 

What I do like to do is add as many vegetables I can to every meal I prepare. The more vegetables in a meal the better I like it.

Suffering from different food issues and allergies makes it difficult to come up with a food plan that works for everyone in the family.

As for me, I must eat healthy. As I treat my type 2 diabetis by what I eat. My boyfriend and I both suffer from GERD which eliminates many things from our meals. He will still eat things he shouldn't and suffer through the stomach pain and worse. I can't. I don't like the bad side effects I get. If I can't have it, I don't cook it with it.



One of my favorite meatless meals is 
'Italian Vegetable Pasta". When making this meal, I use whatever vegetables I have in my refrigerator at the moment. As I think fresh vegetables works best with this meal.

1 box of twirl multi-flavored pasta
2 cup of carrots - chopped
2 cup of mushrooms - sliced
2 cup of broccoli - diced
1 bottle of Italian dressing
Shredded cheddar cheese

Boil pasta per directions on the box. Allow to cool. while cooling. I start chopping, slicing, and dicing the vegetables. Mix together with the pasta. Pour Italian dressing over the pasta and vegetable mix.
Let chill for one hour. Take out and portion to a serving. Top by sprinkling with shredded cheddar cheese. 

*Tip - Some people do not like their pasta and vegetables drenched in Italian dressing. I always lightly coat the pasta and vegetables with Italian dressing. The rest I leave in the bottle and allow people to add more if they wish. This also helps the pasta from getting soggy.

*Tip - If you wish to make this in to a meal with meat. You can easily add in stripe or chopped up pieces of ham, turkey, chicken or beef.

*Tip - This dish is best served cold.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.