Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cheesy Broccoli Mushroom Soup Recipe


One of the meals I make that is simple and quick is soup. When I don't feel good I like to eat soup. It is also something I can take my time making in the crock pot if I wish.

Recently I had to replace my crock pot. As my oldest son had left the last one on high. After being asked to turn it off and put the food away. He said he would. Instead the next morning we could smell something burning. He had left the crock pot on all night on high. The crock pot was ruined. The rubber around the lid was stuck to the crock pot. It could not be removed. It was glued from the heat.

Was upset? Yeah, a little. However, the crock pot was old. I knew it would eventually needing to be replaced. So, I wasn't to upset about needing to replace the crock pot. As I was about my teen son not listening to me. I was more upset that he said he would take care of something. But did not. Lying leads down the wrong path.

I wanted to believe he simply forgot. However, he is hooked on technology that is more important to him than taking responsibility. Because of that, he lost his electronics for awhile.

Yesterday I did not feel good. As I was fighting another bad migraine. So, I decided to make a Cheesy Broccoli Mushroom soup in the new crock pot


Cheesy Broccoli Mushroom Soup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 package of mushroom (diced)
1 bundle of broccoli
1 teaspoon of chicken stock
1 teaspoon of ginger
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 sea salt
1/4 cup of onions (diced)
1 block of Velveeta Cheese (melted)
4 cups of milk

I placed the Velveeta cheese in the crock pot on high to melt. Stirring as it melted. I blended the milk, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and ginger. I added the broccoli, mushrooms and onions.

Heat on high for 3 - 4 hours.

Tip : Add crackers. My family loves to add crackers to all of their soups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photos taken by and belong to Sandy KS aka rusty2rusty


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.