1. Can dogs dream? Just like humans with the slow wave sleep (sws) and rapid eye movement (rem), dreams happen. Paw movement, twitching and such are signs your dog is dreaming, isn't that cool? Makes me wonder what they dream about.
2. Do you know dogs have a special membrane that allows them to see at night or in the dark? It is called the tapetum lucidum.
3. Why do dogs curl up in a ball? It is an instinct from when dogs were wild. They curl up to stay warm. Plus to protect their vital organs and stomach in case they are attacked in their sleep.
4. Why do dogs circle before they lay? It is instint from when they are wild. They go in circles to ensure there are no snakes or bugs in the spot they wish to lay down at.
5. Why do dogs sleep in doorways? The dogs is claiming the doorway as their. It is a sign of dominance. As dogs see the first person or animal going their a dog way as being dominant.
6. How many hours does your dog normally sleep? Dogs need 10 1/2 hours of sleep. In order to re-energize. Plus growth hormones are released which boost the immune system. sleep aides in the healing and growth of the body.