Saturday, July 25, 2015

Chicken, Potatoes, and Mushrooms Recipe


Oh how I love to cook in my crockpot. Yesterday, add a seasoned chicken roast to my crockpot. I added potatoes and mushrooms. When done. I drained the chicken, potatoes, and mushrooms. I used the broth to make a gravy withthe mushrooms. (Recipe below) Doesn't that picture look yummy?


My boyfriend decided to place gravy over his potatoes and chicken. He cleaned his plate. He said he really liked that meal and wants me to make it again soon. My daughter really liked the meal and did the same with her food. Covered it in gravy. My teen son liked the meal. He did not cover hsi chicken in gravy. He did his potatoes.



Chicken Roast Rub mix
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Sea salt
2. Black pepper
3. Italian herb
4. Garlic

Mix together. Rub all over the chicken roast.

Gravy
~~~~~~~
I took the broth from the crockpot that the chicken, potatoes, and mushrooms cooked in. I place in a pan on the stove. I added the mushrooms. I added a teaspoon of sea salt and black pepper. Heat : medium. Bring to slow boil.

In a separate bowl, I added a cup of flour. Mixed with water to be a running but thick paste.

I added the flour mix to the pan of broth on the stove. I used my whisk to mix it altogether to it thickens like a gravy. Remove from heat.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.