Friday, April 17, 2015

Strawberries

Pixabay.com
Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits I can buy year around at the local supermarkets. Either fresh or frozen.  I like to buy them in bulk when strawberries are on sale and freeze them for later use. I have heard you can can strawberries for later baking. However, it is something I have not tried yet.

Pixabay.com
You ask what is a strawberry? A strawberry is a fruit. Fruits are healthy for if you eat in moderation. If look back through history, strawberries have been mention since the 1300's. Strawberries have fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. researchers have ranked strawberries as the 27th best antioxidant food in the United States. As they are fat free, sodium free, cholesterol free with low calories.

Pixabay.com
Strawberries are made in to cakes, cookies, jams, jellies, ice cream, and other delicious desserts.

Strawberries are delicious eaten by themselves.
Taken by rusty2rusty
One recipe my family will beg me to make is Strawberry Fluff Stuff. It is great to take along to a pot-luck or other social gathering. It can be made in to a diabetic recipe version.

Challenge : Write about Strawberries

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.