Thursday, April 9, 2015

#43 Changing My Name


Today's challenge for April 9th, "If you could rename yourself, what would it be and why?" I thought this would be a neat discussion. As from time to time I hear people say how they wish their name was something else. Some people actually change their name.

I was born Sandy Florence. I later married and it changed to Sandy Boday. I divorced and changed my name back to my maiden name for financial reasons. I married a second time and changed my name to Sandy Segur (current name). In the internet world, I am known as rusty2rusty.

I hope one day to divorce my estranged husband. As we have been separated since 2009. I can't afford a divorce at this time. As in the state of Ohio, it costs $2000 down if children are involved. I don't have that much to put down. I have looked for a lawyer to accept payments. So, far I have not found any. 

My estranged husband did say he would pay for the divorce but that has been a year and half ago. I don't think he has the money either. As he is engaged to someone else, I am sure he wishes we were divorced too.

I know I can wait til my kids reach of age. That is in three years. The divorce will be much cheaper. I do want to go back to my maiden name "Florence". I like it better.

I do not know if I will ever marry again. I have married twice. Both marriages were a failure. For whatever reasons they didn't work out. Maybe I am not meant to be married. Who knows what the future holds for me? However, I do see a name change coming in the future.

Challenge : If you could choose another name, what would it be and why.

Photo made using a photo editor website called "Muzy."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.