Monday, March 2, 2015

Simple Crock Pot Beef Stew

Photo from Pixabay

I love a good hearty stew. Especially on days I don't want to stand over the stove to long or I feel I need to warm up inside. I do alot of hands on cooking where I don't measure ingredients. I have a tendency of grabbing what is on hand and knowing how much to add by eyeing it. This is a way of cooking I have learned from my grandmother and my mother. This recipe does have some bite to it. So, if you like a little fire. You will enjoy this recipe.



Ingredients :

Beef tips
Carrots, chopped
Potatoes, chopped
Chili mix (recipe follows)
I large can of tomato juice for base

Mix all together. Place in crockpot on high for 6 to 8 hours.

Chili mix ingredients :

1 tablespoon paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil

This can be prepared ahead of time. Keep in an air tight jar.

Recipe, Crockpot, Food, Stew

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.