Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A - Z Challenge F : Finches


Finches are my favorite birds. I don't know why but I fell in love with these little beauties when I was a child. Maybe because they are small compared to most birds you find in the back yard. That I could relate to growing up. Out of 2 brothers and 5 sisters. I still remain the shortest.


Finches are found throughout the Northern Hemisphere. Finches come in many different colors and patterns.They are song birds who love to eat seeds.


Small, black oil sunflower seeds tend to attract them to your backyard. Sometimes in flocks of up to 50 at a time. It is best to have several feeders if you plan to attract Finches in your backyard. Or low lying bushes where they will hide and feed.

Do you like birds? What is your favorite kind?

Photo from a free use website called Pixababy.com. Unless stated otherwise.

rusty2rusty
Finch
Bird
Animal
Photo
Image
Photograph
Photo essay

1 comment :

  1. Cardinals of course. And wrens, bluebirds, herons, swans, eagles, and a particular China goose in a park in Maryland. But I think my real favorites are chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.