Friday, January 30, 2015

Is Protectiveness The Same as Aggressiveness?


Okay, maybe you can help with an argument I am having with a neighbor.
The neighbor thinks a dog barking and growling for protection, is the same as barking and growling for aggressiveness. I say it isn't. However, she is firm on what she believes.
I think barking and growling to protect the family is a good thing. That a dog should be rewarded. My neighbor thinks it is wrong. Instead of being rewarded, the dog should be reported to animal control and put down.
What do you think? Is it the same? Should it be treated differently? Or does it give conflicting commands to our dogs?
Photo © belongs to rusty2rusty. It is of Miniature Pinscher I used to have named Max.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.