Friday, January 9, 2015

Crockpot Red Beans and Rice Recipe

I created this recipe using ingredients I had in my kitchen. I created it with a thought in mind. I did not follow any recipe. This is my own creation. If you try it, please let me know what you think? 

This was a big hit with my family, neighbors and friends. As I made a full crock pot, I had plenty to share. This is also one dish that taste better the longer it cooks. As I had it the next day after making it. Still in the crockpot cooking on warm. It tasted better the second time around. This will be one meal I will make in the future. Do you like red beans and rice? How do you like to prepare it?

Here's the recipe :

Red Beans and Rice With Spinach
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 pkg of red beans
1 pkg of white rice
1 jar of salsa 
1 large onion chopped
2 cups of fresh spinach chopped

Spices to taste : 

Sea Salt
Pepper 
Butter
Old bay Seasoning
Garlic powder
Seasoning salt

Directions

Prepare red beans and rice per the directions on the package. Place in crockpot. Add salsa, chopped onion and spinach. Mix well. Add spices. Cook for 3 - 4 hours on high.

+rusty2rusty +Food+Recipe +RedBeans +Rice+Spinach 
+Healthy +Crockpot

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam. Please be patient until your comment can be approved. This can take up to 24 to 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.